My Lonely walk

Thanks to everyone for your wishes. I guess am perfectly alright now :o)

Been sometime since I posted a poem. So, here goes, yet another poem from my priced possession.



Seeking solitude,
I embark on
a lonely walk.

But,
whispering words,
the rustling trees,
gently talk.

Sprinkling darkness,
the scary night,
admiringly follows.

Chasing away isolation,
the lonesome moon,
cheerfully accompanies.

Singing a song,
the chirping birds,
gleefully greet.

Whizzing along,
the chilly breeze,
playfully walks beside.

Adorning the sky,
the shimmering stars,
happily tread along.

My lonely walks,
lonely they ain’t,
for, with me there is

conversing friends,
a dark admirer,
and a lonesome companion,

chirpy pals,
a cool dude,
and glittering personalities.


Picture courtesy

9 comments:

  1. I also loved the picture u posted in this poem....:) set it as background here.. u have a good day... sorry my phone isn't working.. streets are flooded and i am unable to recharge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. somu..great work..really liked it!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. very sweet one... simple and nice..:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey same pinch...lol
    me surpriced to see...the same thought here
    my next post on solitude...he he
    and abt the guy...i will tell u later...lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice to know tat u r alright...but take care..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Smyta,
    That was simply superb... If you churned this out only after reading mine, hats off. I always enjoy poems with rhyme which is what I am not good at. :o)

    Great work there and thanks for your kind words.

    Ganga,
    Thanks. After all this is just one form of expression... and if it can fully capture moments for eternity, nothing like it. And all that I do is strive to achive that :O)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mridu,
    Glad you liked it. The phone lines can wait... Am sure even the recharge would serve a different purpose. Somu can wait.

    Monu,
    Coming from a poet herself, that's really something. Thanks for dropping by.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nithya,
    Thanks a lot Junior... :o)

    Sophia,
    So even your next post ain't about "Him"... hmmm... Looking forward to your solitude post...

    And thanks for the concern shown. Really appreciate that :o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Somu. I've joined this 'walking partner' related website and wondered if you know of any other website which might help me to find a walking partner in my local area? Many thanks

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my post. Do leave me a comment if you liked the post.