It's my life... and I love it !


 Posted by Picasa

It's my life
It's now or never
I ain't gonna live forever
I just want to live while I'm alive

Not that my poem was inspired by the above lines... But then thought it would be a good introduction to the lines that follow.

I am more into free verse and don't bother much about patterns. This is one of my few attempts at rhythm and one of my favorites from my priced possession.

No one knows the future,
life’s just a maze,
despite all the mystery,
I love my upcoming days.

Senility I can’t dodge,
I’d someday die old,
despite being a mortal,
I love my youthful world.

Tears come and go,
grief plays its part,
despite all the pain,
I love my resilient heart.

Errors find their place,
innocence extends no help,
despite all the blunders,
I love my perfect self.

Failure there is everyday,
no shortage for strife,
despite all the shortcomings,
I love my precious life.

5 comments:

  1. very nice... simple lines, yet effective..:) And you've achieved the rhyme quite well..:)

    looking fwd to more attempts..:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. CARRY ON YOUR WITH LOVE

    DON'T GIVE UP, SOMU....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ganga,

    Thanks a lot ! :o)

    Nithya,

    Thanks. In fact there are more such attempts that have not been released in blogspot. Maybe would let them out slowly.

    Ram,

    Definitely... Apparently our posts for today had something to do with Love...

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow!!wonderful.. :)
    I was thinking that i would like a couple of lines... but then just couldnt say which was the best... loved it Somu

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Art,

    Thanks a lot !!! Am glad it was not just few lines ! :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my post. Do leave me a comment if you liked the post.