Would I ever learn ?

Every time I come out of a meeting or a presentation, I feel I could have done better. If I had this information, I could have responded to this query, if I had this data, I could have elaborated on this point, if only I had done some groundwork, I wouldn’t have messed up this part… and many such thoughts linger. Trust on memory, last minute analysis or even any ad hoc information miserably fails.

Today was one such day. “Revamping the HR structure in my organization” was the project presentation I had to make for this semester. 2 long Months is what I had. However, I spent 2 hours today trying to understand the entire subject, the existing structure, and made my recommendations. There were 5 teams and personally I feel our’s was only the second best.

Given just one more day, I could have done really well.
If only… hmm When it’s too late I can only wish. After all I had two long months.

Preparation is the key and I only seem to repent in hindsight.

5 comments:

  1. yeah ...it happens even to me after every presentation...but generally i dont ponder over it...it was that my Ph.D presentation after which i had a lot to think about and and grumble about...but anyways...i was always happy after a grumble ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its OK dude....remember the old engineers motto...

    never be prepared...until its a deadline tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. two hours:)) good,but do u wish to do that again? dont know because i did the other way round all the time,and somu,if anytime i had to do this last min preparation then i never regretted after coming out,hmm,guess i am a better person professionally and if only i applied the same logic to personal life too:)things would have been diff. How is u r training session with the fresh batch just out from college going on?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sophia,

    Always happy after a grumble ? Lol ! I only hope I dont get to grumble the next time :o)

    Ganga,

    True everything is not 100%. But then I am missing out on making it 100% despite everything being under my control. That was the point :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ashish,

    Ha ha ha ! You spoke like a true Engineer !!!


    Neels,

    I don't wish to do that... atleast not for the official meetings. But my coll presentations eat into my worrk hrs, and I hardly ever study after coming home. So, that's a problem... As for the training, it would start off from Monday. Had to cancel my short trip to Mumbai to focus on this :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my post. Do leave me a comment if you liked the post.