Inspiration from bloghopping

Instant poems to me are elusive. Time and effort invested in writing a verse is always huge in my case. And so, when I wrote some lines instantaneously, I thought I should thank those posts that prompted me to write.

Broken Promises
In response to Smyta’s THE LOOK

To pamper me with smiles,
was your vow.
To shower me with happiness,
was your pledge.
To overwhelm me with joy,
was your word of honor.
To delight me with bliss,
was your assurance.
To indulge me in ecstasy,
was your oath.

Rescue me, my love,
before the next drop of tear trickles down.

Flowers
In response to Sophie’s SMILING BLOSSOM

They wither in a day.
Droop within 24 hours.
Wilt before it is tomorrow.
Yet they smile,
telling us in unspoken words,
to live life,
like it was our last day.

Vaseegara Weather
In response to Viji’s VASEEGARA WEATHER

Even scorching summers,
threatening thunderstorms,
damaging downpours,
barbaric blizzards,
are signs of pleasant weather,
when am locked in your arms.

Having been used to thanking folks for commenting on my posts, feels a little strange to thank those for making me comment on theirs. LOL !

P.S. Have made minor changes to the original lines.

12 comments:

  1. Wow... very nice... I can just visualise how your brain would have been ticking away! ;)... Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Somu is a star wen it comes to poetry..:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Viji,
    Poyum poyum vadivelu dialogue thaan nyabagam varanumaa? :o)

    @Limsa,
    Compilation ? Co author ? Nalla idea. I think I should start copywriting my work before I can do that.

    Can I give you a shout for the funding part too ? ;o)

    Cheers,
    Somu K.

    @Preethi,
    Yeah the brain was ticking away and what exploded was what you read ! :o)

    @Mridu,
    Considering the fan following that I have in your hostel room, I pretty much knew you would say that. Thanks a lot :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice poetry Somu, But sorry, its nowhere close to this. i present the last stanza of one of my all time favourite poems . enjoy !

    I am the daughter of Earth and Water,
    And the nursling of the Sky;
    I pass through the pores of the ocean and shores
    I change, but I cannot die.
    For after the rain when with never a stain
    The pavilion of Heaven is bare,
    And the winds and sunbeams with their convex gleams
    Build up the blue dome of air,
    I silently laugh at my own cenotaph,
    And out of the caverns of rain,
    Like a child from the womb, like a ghost from the tomb,
    I arise and unbuild it again.

    The cloud by Percy Bysshe Shelley

    Rolz

    ReplyDelete
  5. somu neenga vadivel hater? i have one question, how many of you laugh when vadivel does comedy on screen ?
    try as i might, i cannot even squeeze a smile when vadivel is on screen.and i was surprised to find many laughing mad. i want to know if its a problem with only me.
    thanks

    Zaras

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow tat was cool...loved them...gr8 man

    ReplyDelete
  7. all are nicely written, somu..

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Ganga
    Thanks dude !

    @Anon
    I have always been inspired by two poets. One is PB Shelly and the other is Bharathiyaar. I am glad that you tried drawing a comparison between my lines and those writtn by Shelly. Do I need more for feeling elated ? Thanks ;o)

    @Zaras
    I like vadivelu in fact. Just that you have to be selective in his work. Try watching any of Parthiban/vadivelu combo or his comedy in Winner. Am sure you would change your opinion.

    @Sophie,
    Thanks mam ! Looks like your delhi post is still being awaited.

    @Ram
    Thanks a lot :o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. somu nice lines, i can understand em, unless they r simple i cant get poetry (too prosaic i guess)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Vaseegara Weather!

    Adada, nenja kasakki puzhinjings!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi
    Reply to LOOK is awesome man....
    Praksh

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my post. Do leave me a comment if you liked the post.