A Happy Man he is today !

** Based on a true story **

He does not remember his tricycle days, but he sure knows how he learnt riding the bicycle paying a rent of 50 paise per hour. He practiced thereafter borrowing his neighbors Champ.

Being just a stone’s throw away from school, his primary school days were spent in walking between school and home. When he changed school, he was completely reliant on PTC.

He was excited when his cousin left to the UK for settling down. This was more so because he now had a BSA SLR to use to school. He never learnt to ride a motorcycle as he never owned one.

During college days, he was glad he had his college bus to carry him. He was back to depending on good old PTC when he started working.

Close to seven years have passed since he started his professional life. Time seems to have moved so fast. Waiting for the bus, or bargaining with the auto wallahs, or expecting one of his friends to drop him have been a daily affair.

Today was different. He was a happy man. He realizes days of true mobility are ahead of him. He acknowledges how much his life has changed in each of it's phase.

Today, he was reminded of the past as he, for the first time in his life, claimed ownership to his own vehicle.

In all the excitement he was in, he just managed to mutter, “Here I come Besi beach, here I come ECR, here I come Chennai”. And after a little thought, he added, “Here I come Kerala, here I come Bangalore”

20 comments:

  1. Congrats on the new Opel Car. What is name of the model. Will u take me on long drive next time I'm in Chennai?

    So what's next -
    Pick up, drop, ESCAPE?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratz Somu!

    Enjoy :)...Have fun ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats....I know what it feels like..!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wowwwwwwwww,congratulations and celebrations and where is my TREATTTTTTTTT,treat,treat,treat,Not fair somu,i will be in chennai very soon and u better be ready for a big treat for me.This looks so beautiful,Havefun and why dint u say...Here i come Hyderabad?? u better make changes to the post and add this line too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Congrats Somu!!!!!!
    Gr8 news... so when i come to Chennai... u gonna take me for a ride... rite...

    ReplyDelete
  6. heyy!! Congrats!! :)
    TREEAATT! :D

    ps.
    me's blogrolled ya.. I never realised I still hadn't! :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey dude..congrats!!

    So when do we get the treat for this cherry coloured beauty??

    ReplyDelete
  8. wowie... wowie.... congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Buddy Somu,

    Congratulations on your beauty!
    We will go for a ride sometime! :-)

    You had asked for my contact details. I don't have your email id. Please mail me : vineshks@gmail.com. Will send it to you...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Is that an Opel astra or an Opel corsa or Opel Somu ?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Vee-Jay, for the next few months when you see a cherry coloured opel in besant nagar, I think you should make a run for your life! ;) Read Somu's driving lesson stories again... hehe...

    ReplyDelete
  12. @Kaps
    Thanks a lot. It's Opel Corsa limited edition. Ofcourse I would. Am sure I would have become an expert by the time you come down :o)

    Hmm Pick up, drop ,Appeeetu... Then the same process repeatu !! ;o)

    @Khandu
    Thanks. The color is blazing red.

    @Ganga
    Thanks a lot :o)

    @Krish
    Thanks Krish. Already enjoying and having fun ;o)

    @Marc
    Thanks buddy. Though most of my friends keep saying big deal, I guess it is a wonderful feeling for me.

    @Neels
    Lol ! Hyderabad was never in my agenda. Now that I have a reason, the itenerary changes. HERE I COME HYD :o)))) WEll, I know what you normally do when you come to CHennai. You never even inform me :o(((((

    @Limsa
    Enna speeclessaaa ? :o)

    @Art
    Thanks and yeah will definitely "TAKE YOU FOR A RIDE" :o))

    @Harish
    Thanks pal. Yeah kandippa treat. I guess someone has to give a treat for making a comeback from his results... Antha treat yeppo ?

    Thanks for reminding. When I came back from JAVA Green I thought I Brolled all three of ya. Somehow your's was missed out. Old age catching up you see. Now u are rolled.

    @Ashish
    THanks. Treat is anytime when I come to Delhi/GRG/Noida or when you come down here. What say ?

    @Sophie
    Definitely time to party...

    @Madhu
    Thanks. And glad you gave that warning signal to Vee-jay... But then not to worry... I just returned from Besie beach and everyone of us at home and out there in the roads are intact !! So, no sweat, hopefully ;o)

    @Vinesh
    Thanks and sorry could not respond earlier. Shall mail you soon. For now, my ID is hi_there_howdy@sify.com.

    @Anon
    It's Opel Corsa. But I somehow like the Opel Somu IDea... ;o)

    @Vee-jay
    Thanks. And sure... But there could be other red opel in town. Just be careful that you don't bump into a total stranger and ask for a treat ;o)))) And as Madhu pointed out, keep away for a while from Opel. You don't have to run for your life though

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations Somu ! Happy for u ! :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. @Swapna
    Thanks a lot :o)

    @JB
    Thanks a lot ! Do you have a blog btw ? Your profile has no indication of the same :o)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow Very nice. Congratulations

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Somu,
    I do have a blog..but there is some error that the blogs are not reflected in the profile :((( !
    Btw..my blogspot is gettojb.blogspot.com. I guess u have already seen my blog and commented on few posts too :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my post. Do leave me a comment if you liked the post.