Variety is the spice of life

Day 1
I was getting back home from work in the Honda City. Though it is a second-hand car, I simply adore it for it’s lush interiors. The seat is at a lower level which I always found uncomfortable. Well, they never consulted me when buying.

Day 2
I reached home in the Maruti 800. It suits my really small frame and I feel less intimidated inside it. Still, the AC is not so powerful and there is no central locking. Well, did they ever ask me before placing an order? However, personally this is the car I have used the most.

Day 3
It was the day of Ford Ikon. I never liked it’s silver green color. Well, I had no say over it when it was bought. Nevertheless, I enjoy the drive for the sheer pleasure of the music that emanates from the Bose speakers and subwoofers.

Day 4
I was coming back in Sonata. Sitting by the driver’s seat, as this wonderful vehicle vroomed past the slow coaches, I felt like the little prince of the road. This is my favorite car and all for the “J” look it brings in my neighbor’s eyes when I disembark. One car I have no complaints about.

Today
I wonder for how long I can depend on my friends and colleagues to drop me back home. And I say to myself, “Soon I need to get a car of my own”.

21 comments:

  1. Oh,ya,i was about to ask which rental agency u own in Chennai:D
    sure,u need a car,can i get a lift when u buy u r own car???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh ya its the best buddies rental agency... And lift for ya... Would be my pleasure... Let me know where to pick when to pick up where to drop and when to drop. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey somu me too need a lift?? would u mind?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Smyta, tamila Kadan anbai murikkumnu solluvaanga... Aha ! Anga Vairamuthna inga Shakesperea ? kalakeeteenga... Yenna sollureenga ?

    Cheers, whatever, etc...
    Somu.

    Ashish, Sure thing buddy... U can always count on me :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. And I thought u were some rich dude with fleet of cars ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Neha, You thought I were on rich dude, and I wish I were one... Waiting for the same alien force that hit your thumb to shower me with a jackpot !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Are we talking about a nice red two-seater sports car here? :-p

    ReplyDelete
  8. J: uhmm... Now that's a nice thought... So, a nice red two-seater sports car it is !!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i was just wondering how many cars u have and was about to ask u to lend me one ;). But just then read the last line :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. ...after all, variety is the spice of life.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aarthy, good you managed to read the last line... Else I wud have had a tuff time convincing you why I cannot lend u a car :o)

    Anumita, Very true. Helps break the everyday monotone. Not these cars, but the variations that we can bring into our routines :o)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good one, Soms.

    I agree with you with the 800 part. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Smyta,

    Sema logic. Am reminded of innuoru dialogue.

    When in rome, be a roman,

    Sooper. Yenna sollureenga,

    Regards, whatever, etc...
    Somu.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Kirbs, you have penned down your first comment here... cool !

    I personally like 800 and Zen for their smallness. Anything bigger, I would have to raise the seats or just go without having to see the road. Well, now, I don;t want to be taken for a ride for a diff reason.

    Btw, First hand information says that you had a look at Swift recently. Time for a change ????

    ReplyDelete
  15. tat was well ENDED...i was juz planning to ask which private taxi/travels service u drive for...

    ReplyDelete
  16. I drive for ? Hmmm ippadi kooda makkal ninaipaangala ? Well a reason why in one of those days... I had mentioned I was sitting "by" the drivers seat :o)

    Thanks dude... Thanks for your thoughts !!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. hahahahaha,that was a great question optimist had for u somu,hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  18. Neelima, hmph ! I shall take revenge on you for that :p

    ReplyDelete
  19. hhhhmmmmm ...
    u r one lucky guy ...
    wish i had friends like that ...
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Krish, I am giving myself a years time for that.

    Abhishek, am sure you have such friends. Its just a matter of getting them to help you. Try it out on someone sometime :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my post. Do leave me a comment if you liked the post.