I knew...


 Posted by Hello

When I realized,
I say sidewalk instead of platform,
wallet instead of purse and,
cab instead of Taxi,
I knew I have arrived in the US of A.

When I realized,
I roll up my tongue to pronounce,
rigor, rare, rumor, razor, restore,
recur, refer and many more “r” words,
I knew I have arrived in the US of A.

When I realized,
I have beer before lunch,
and coke after that,
'coz water is a preserved natural resource,
I knew I have arrived in the US of A.

When I realized,
the one who just whisked past,
with a big smile and a “hey buddy how are you doing today?”,
is a total stranger,
I knew I have arrived in the US of A.

When I realized,
I was shedding in the restroom,
and resting in the bedroom,
I knew I have arrived in the US of A.

When I realized,
there are two major money-making machines,
one that went by the name of slots,
and the other by the name sluts,
I knew I have arrived in the US of A.

When I realized,
in the kinda dress that women wear,
the top went as low as it could,
and the bottom went as high as possible,
I knew I have arrived in the US of A.

When I realized,
the one staring at me just inches away,
as I get ready to enter the alien country,
is a big beautiful belly button,
I knew I have arrived in the US of A.

P.S. Picture courtesy : Circuit-technology