I knew...


 Posted by Hello

When I realized,
I say sidewalk instead of platform,
wallet instead of purse and,
cab instead of Taxi,
I knew I have arrived in the US of A.

When I realized,
I roll up my tongue to pronounce,
rigor, rare, rumor, razor, restore,
recur, refer and many more “r” words,
I knew I have arrived in the US of A.

When I realized,
I have beer before lunch,
and coke after that,
'coz water is a preserved natural resource,
I knew I have arrived in the US of A.

When I realized,
the one who just whisked past,
with a big smile and a “hey buddy how are you doing today?”,
is a total stranger,
I knew I have arrived in the US of A.

When I realized,
I was shedding in the restroom,
and resting in the bedroom,
I knew I have arrived in the US of A.

When I realized,
there are two major money-making machines,
one that went by the name of slots,
and the other by the name sluts,
I knew I have arrived in the US of A.

When I realized,
in the kinda dress that women wear,
the top went as low as it could,
and the bottom went as high as possible,
I knew I have arrived in the US of A.

When I realized,
the one staring at me just inches away,
as I get ready to enter the alien country,
is a big beautiful belly button,
I knew I have arrived in the US of A.

P.S. Picture courtesy : Circuit-technology

15 comments:

  1. Good one. Thanks for the comment on mine :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. great to have u back!

    americans will surely cringe at this ;) hope to read about the more "unexpected" sights of USA!

    ReplyDelete
  3. glad to see u back:)welcome home somu

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back Somu...
    How was ur trip... Take rest for sometime and start blogging about ur trip to USA.... :)

    Welcome back to blogging :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Somu!! How cute!! Did you ever feel like settling down abroad? So many people in awe of that place and now in list are australia and other places too. Missed you a lot. And I've been busy with interviews. Other things happened too. But anyways, welcome back :-)) Glad that you are safe and stayed away from blondes lol. Your just one good respite from so many things.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice poem to announce your return. Welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  7. nice one. first time on ur blog! gr8 stuff.

    http://preethzzz.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. hi!!Really nice poem:)
    Not able to login here!!dunno what the problem is-Prabha

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Thennavan,
    Thanks dude and you are most welcome.

    @smyta,
    Hello madam. Romba Thanks.
    My trip was just awesome. Am just waitin for the pics to arrive. And yeah you can bug the life outta me anytime :o)

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Tipsy,
    Ha ha ! Am not too sure if anyone's gonna cringe at it. But on second thoughts I shud've put a disclaimer I guess. U wanna know more about the "Unexpected" sights ? In fact there were lots. You really wanna know ?

    @Neelima,
    Thank you very much :o)

    ReplyDelete
  11. @aarthy,
    The trip was super cool. Yeah need to take rest. In fact I came back from office today and fell flat on my bed, something which I normally do only after 11.00 PM. And you are gonna see a lot of my experience during my trip.

    @Ganga,
    Thanks a lot. There is lots that I can talk about the trip which I guess I can never cover in the comments section. So, will unleash them daily. What say ?

    ReplyDelete
  12. @Sonal,
    I guess my trip was too short for me to have seen the best of western culture. So, really cannot make a decision on settling down. However, am glad am back home. So, in a way that should answer your question :o)

    @Kaps,
    Thanks a lot. There were lots infact that I wanted to write in this poem. Toilet paper was one of them. But them this is what happens if I do not make note of things then and there. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  13. @Preethi,
    Hey welcome aboard first timer. Thanks for dropping in :o) and am more than glad that you liked your first visit :o)

    @Prabha or was it anon ?
    Thanks a lot. Did you check your password ? I went to work today and totally forgot my mail password. Only after various permutations and combinations was I able to break it. Is it something like that u are going through ?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Curious to see what you wud have to say abt good old Copenhagen ;)...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ha ha somu...just happend to get in here..nice one re...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my post. Do leave me a comment if you liked the post.