I have been booked...


 Posted by Hello

...or should I say I have been tagged. What you see above is a section of my table. Apart from the books in the corner, there are few other carelessly strewn ones all across the room. That’s just to tell you I am not a big book buff, but I definitely like reading.

So here it is Aarthy tagger…
Anjali tagger, your questions have been answered too.

Total Number of Books I own
About 5. Naalum therinjuka naalu booku podhaadha ?

Total number of books given to others and never came back
Call me stingy, selfish or cheap, the answer is still NONE. I guess not giving knowing it would never come back, has more to do with my smartness than selfishness.

Total number of books flicked from others
I am more used to flicking pens. Currently using Yusuf’s pen. As for books, I ain’t a kleptomaniac.

Last Book I bought
Vairamuthu kavidhaigal
When I came back home, I realized the first 70 pages has only reviews and there are lot of poems am not able to understand :o(

Last Book I was gifted
Leave alone gifting, I don’t even rent. Is it not quite natural for others to reciprocate? The answer again is NONE.

Last Book I read
Da Vinci Code
Was a one night love affair. I held her in my hands all night and enjoyed her from page to page.

I am currently reading
GODFATHER
Am reading, reading and reading for a long time now. Godfather would have become Godgrandfather by now.

Five Books that mean a lot to me
1. Da vinci Code
2. Godfather
3. Angels and Daemons
4. The rule of four – Ian Caldwell and Dustin Thomason
5. Vairamuthu Kavidhaigal

Did I not tell you I own just 5? And so they mean a lot to me.

Just thought would add one more question to the list…

3 books I started reading, but never completed
1. The rule of four – Review paathu yemaandhutein
2. Jane Austin’s Pride and Prejudice – Hmmm never could go beyond few pages. The language just went over my head.
3. Ayn Rand’s Atlas Shrugged – Simply loved the book. But somehow never went beyond 100 pages

This is for Anjali who has also booked me.. err tagged me.

Book that made zero sense to me
Hmmm... ahem... urghhh An Introduction to management Science, Quantitative approaches to decision making ... heh heh !

The most treasured book
The one minute manager. Pretty neat stuff if you can follow what is preached in the book.

Who am I gonna tag ?
Smyta – Tit for tat
Sangeetha – Eye for an eye
Akshay – Dude, I know you would have lots to write
Sonal – Whispering solitude, I know you have books for company.
Gangadhar – Sorry dude, I took the liberty to put you through this.
Anand – I know you hate it

There is no compulsion for the tagged to feel they have been tagged or for the untagged to feel not tagged. Please use your discretion to put these details in your blogspot.

16 comments:

  1. Smyta, I totally forgot Aarthy tagged you. Add one more to the list. Anjali has tagged you on the same thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey you said u gonna finish greatgrandGodfather before you leave for the conference? Have you, haven't you yet? I beg you...he'll die! LOL!!!

    ME too, me too!! I hate lending my books to anyone!

    PS: And I knew what's the meaning of 'Kavidhaigal' when I read it, its poems!! Uffff I am too good, good learner! Gross teacher :-P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thatw as like 2minute noodle quickie Somu.!All those 5 books u have are themselves golden ones.Same here>:D< me and quantum physics ..Gosh!
    Good policy never lend and never boroow sans public libraries-that's my principle.

    Ammam,Roome partha clean panna aluu anupanam pole irukke:)Just kiding.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Somu,u r a sweetheart,u r one of the wonderful bloggers i have ever known,thanks a ton,FOR NOT TAGGING ME,I am tired of taggies and already 5 tags are pending on my name and i dont know if i will finish them:D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi I followed you from the comments at Kaps' blog. Your previous "staring" episode post captured an everyday reality :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Grrr... Et Tu Brute??

    Okay. okay. (As we say Down Under..) No worries, Mate. Your D(t)agger will be handled. :-)

    So u r now reading Godfather. What a book it was. So Great. I liked both the Father and Son characters very much. Shud i say, a masterpiece??

    Cha, ennapa ithu, ovvoru blog layum pichu pichu tag commenting. instead i could give link from one comment to other and even that would form a full post!! Nalla polappu! I'll post on the tag next week. leave a reminder on my comment section, else i may forget. ok?

    (PS: If u havent heard that phrase, then u've to save some space in r table for your sixth book containing the play, Julius Ceasar By Shakespeare.. LOL... Else, Let me give a short link.. Click here.)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have read Pride and Prejudice atleast four times. loved it everytime. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  8. Godfather - me too wanna read it... but then want to finish off my pending book first...
    Da Vinci Code - My friend who promised me to lend his book to me... hasnt yet given it to me... So i guess will have to buy one.......
    Well nice to know ur book collection...

    by the way my table was even more messy when i was i Engg... now its cleaner... :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I read somewhere that the storyline of the Rule of Four is somewhat similar to Da Vinci Code...is it true?

    ReplyDelete
  10. My schedule today took a toll on my blog time and hence could not respond on time. Sorry :o)

    @Sonal,
    I know. Its been quite sometime since I told u that. But somehow never could finish it off. And yeah you got Kavidhaigal correct... And in due course are u gonna converse with me in Tamil ?

    @Anjali,
    My room is always in a sad state. If my mom were to organise everything and put them in place, I would not be able to find my stuffs. So, I like it the way it is. That way, I can easily find my books on bed, pillows on table, and clothes everywhere in the floor.

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Neelima,
    That I am always. I did think about you before tagging and something told me I should not... Now that I know for sure you are paranoid about tags, hmmmm mez consipiring here. What say ? Ready to get tagged ?


    @Thennavan,
    Thanks for dropping by. And yeah it is kind of a reality. Most of my friends told me about how they can relate to it. But in all their cases, there was no good intention.

    Though have never penned down comments, I frequent chennaicentral. You are doing a great job out there.

    ReplyDelete
  12. @Anand,
    Dagger ? Lol ! I liked that part. Take all your time to post it.
    Well I did purposely drag you into this knowing how much you hate it. Once in a while, it's ok to irritate ppl right ?
    Godfather is sure a masterpiece. Why else would you and I be talking about it here years after it was written. It can be read multiple times too.

    And how can I have not heard You too brutus :o)

    This is brutus signing off !!!!


    @Falcon,
    Thats news to me. Maybe I shall see if I can get hold of the book sometime soon. How is it ? Am sure you are gonna review it once you are finished, right ?

    ReplyDelete
  13. @Tipsy,
    I can see the disappointment behind that heavy Sigh. But what can I do, I was just a lil kid when I tried my hand at P&P. I would definitely give it a second reading. And in case I still am not able to understand the language, I can lean on you for help ?

    Tipsy, just off track. Tried finding out your name in your profile. Is it some guarded secret ? hmmmm !

    @Aarthy,
    Yeah you should. In fact I read Da Vinci Code and then immdly moved to Godfather. Looks like both of us are going through the same sequence. I finished DVC in just one night... Not that am a voracious reader, just that the book was gripping.

    Glad to know 'bout the mess on your table. Maybe I shall have my mom talk to ya sometime. She would then understand its common to have a messy room. What say ? Don't bother to mention that it is cleaner now. Pact ?

    ReplyDelete
  14. @Viji,
    What ? Tag ? Book ? Again ? Am gonna go on a vacation :p
    Thanks for adding me to the list. You have been blogrolled.
    1:52 PM

    @Kaps,
    Naanum atha padichuthaan booka vaanginein... But, 100 pages and I closed it. Personally I did not like it and would not recommend. Not sure if it is true coz I found no traces of anything being similar to DaVCode in the first 100 pages.

    ReplyDelete
  15. sure somu.... I'll tell us mom... That a messy table is always preffered :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. that was funni man! :))
    have fun...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my post. Do leave me a comment if you liked the post.