Better late than never

You are there when I cry,
not to console me, but to support.

You are there when I fail,
not to sneer at me, but to encourage.

You are there when I err,

not to point out, but to make me realize.

You are there when am happy,
not to share it, but to amplify.

You are there when am lost,
not to scare me, but to guide.

You are there when am weak,
not to exploit me, but to strengthen.

You are there when I need you,
not because I want you to, but because you care.

This day is special, and this is your day,
dedicated not to anything else, but to our friendship.

Happy Friendship day Pal!!!

Incidentally, I got a call from an old friend on Saturday... and we talked about how things have gone wrong between the two of us, about how we made assumptions and let things take their own turn, about how a little communication from either of us could have saved the relationship, about how our egoes have let us stay away for more than a year, about how wonderful it was to be together in the past and how much different it is now, about how we can work together and revive our friendship. And we closed the call with that pact. A fitting start to a wonderful Friendship's day !!!

Update
My other posts on friends / friendship
A Reunion
A Distant friend
Past, present and future

22 comments:

  1. I liked the Blogverb....happy friendship day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kaps... That was something I framed for a very close friend of mine when i was in 12th...

    Wishing you a happy friendship's day too !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sure was, Thank you Smyta.
    Btw, You still havent opened up on what you were up to during the long break... Enna matter ?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey that one on friendship was real good

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too good Somu.. Isnt it gr8 that we understand that things went wrong, sometime in the past.. and when it comes to future.. we realize that its better to forget the past and move on with the future...

    Happy Friendship Day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey somu
    happy fri ship day! :) idhu nalla irukke :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Art,
    True. I guess the key to any relationship is communication. As long as we leave our egoes behind and give importance to the relationship than the little differences, nothing like it.

    Thanks and wishing you the same :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Saranya,
    Thanks and wishing you the same.

    Idhu yeppadi irrukku ? :o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Ganga,
    Thanks a lot dude !!!
    Belated wishes to you too :o)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice blog.. nice feeling to patch up on friendship day.. isnt it? :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks Sudha.
    We yearn for a thing only when we lose it... and getting it back is such a blissful experience. And patching up with Friends on F.Day is definitely a nice feeling.

    Thanks a ton for dropping by :o)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Belated happy friendship day to u dude

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations! You are really lucky :)
    Happy Friendship indeed for you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey Ashish,

    Thanks and here's wishing you the same. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Silverine,

    Thanks a lot. Luck is one thing, there also needs to be effort to resurrect lost relationships.

    Wishing you a happy friendship's day !

    ReplyDelete
  16. hey btw, how s that finger of yours doin? hope its better now

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hey Somu, How u been man.

    I hope you remember me from our "Singing in the rain" antics after the bloggers meet.

    Anyway, cool blog, liked the poetry and the posts the same. Check out my blog, and let me know yr mail id, so that we can continue our investment discussion which we started the other day. My mail id is sudhir.syal@gmail.com

    Cheers,

    Sudhir

    ReplyDelete
  18. thanks for ur b'day wish somu. hopefully i shud recharge my phone today.. Unable to reply to soo many msgs..:(How are u doing? Epidemic is taking a toll here. We are careful.Alright then.. catch up with you soon. Till then take care.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hey there..happy Friendship Day!!!
    I know im late, but like u sai 'better late than never' :P

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my post. Do leave me a comment if you liked the post.