A class in pronunciation



I loved my Business Communication subject during last semester. New things were learnt and it helped me tweak my communication. I particularly remember the class on proper pronunciation.

Steak does not sound like streak.
Suite sounds much like sweet.
Wind and mind are not rhythmic.

And there were lots. All of them were taken from “English is tuff stuff” poem. "As long as the message gets communicated, why should the pronunciation be a problem", this was our stand. Now, to prove us otherwise, our prof made us listen to the story of the Italian man who went to Malta.

Pump up the volume and listen to his story. It was so hilarious that we roar in laughter every time we hear it. And it helped the prof prove his point too.

If you are below 18, parental advisory required. If you are above 18 and myopic in your mindset, ignore. If you are above 18 and know how to look at the lighter side of life, enjoy the entire story here.

5 comments:

  1. HA HA HA....that is one GOOD story man!!!

    Even without the headfones u can make a lot out of it....

    the fork part is the best though...

    hmm...me getting ideas on using tht one around. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ashish, if you wanna use it on ur friends, u can be straigtforward and not hide behind any dialect... But on strangers... hmmm just know if u can abscond fast, so that u dont get thumped by them !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. the pronounciation post and the picture were good ones... keep going.. I enjoyed the previous link "somuu, the us president" as well

    ReplyDelete
  4. ok,done,read and got the point and laughed,hahahahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Smyta, so were you able to find out why ?

    Chuckles, whatever, etc...
    Somu.

    Ram : Thanks. I am glad that you stopped by to read more than one post. So, howz u treating urself for the 5000 hits ?

    Neelima : hmmm

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my post. Do leave me a comment if you liked the post.