(TOR)Mentor

“He who can, does. He who cannot, teaches.” Am not sure if I need to take this Chinese proverb in the negative or otherwise, because, my assignment for the next 6 months is just that – Training, or should I say mentoring.

17 just-out-of-college engineers and a whole range of technologies. This is not anything new, however, this time around the challenge is to make them productive quickly.

“If you would thoroughly know anything, teach it to others.” And so,I am starting my preparation today to bridge the gap between my knowledge level and these technologies. Anyone who is in the teaching profession, would tell you how tough a job it is. After all, “For every person who wants to teach there are approximately thirty people who don't want to learn--much.”

The challenge begins and it’s going to be amazing.