Translation

Just a literal translation of this poem written in about 10 mins. So bear with me please.

In hand, pen and pencil,
on lap, my books,
college only spells disaster,
and in mind, everything but studies.

What’s there in Engineering books ?
Mittal, Mathur, Millman – crazy they are.

Do butterflies need to study?
Do songbirds have to write exams?

In class, if I can sleep, blissful.
If I can dream, heavenly.
But it can’t get any worse,
if flies buzz and
perturb my 40 winks.

Break and Lunch, relaxing.
Sitting in last bench, idyllic.
Walking out unnoticed,
while the class is on, divine.

Exams are enchanting.
Failures are delightful.
Living my life
in the house of arrears, perfect.

3 comments:

  1. lol...cool!
    we are all fine in mumbai... my phone stopped working.. hence cudn't reply.take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ganga,
    Lol ! Looks like you were more of an 'outstanding' student... On the contrary I was always in the first bench and never resorted to bunking classes... Something I repent so late in life.

    Smyta,
    So, is that what they call adam teasing ? And did u say no matter how hard u tried ? Well take my tip, for living in the house of arrears, you just have to give up trying. It's not like hall of fame ;o)

    Spateful messages ? Have any samples that you can share ? hmmm Anonymous ones I presume.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mridu,
    It's very unlike you to not respond to my messages. So got a lil worried today. Glad you are safe. Would love to talk to you sometime. I know life for you is a little hectic of late, but would u be able to spare some time for me ?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my post. Do leave me a comment if you liked the post.