Leave me "A LOAN"

** Based on a true story **

Time: 1930 hrs
Date: Jan 18, 2006

Much to his irritation, his mobile goes “Tring tring” just when he was about to leave home from office. Having battled with “Sir, you haven’t paid your bills” and “Do you need a credit card” calls all through the day, he was in no mood for anymore such trash. Being the sincere guy that he is, he could not ignore the fact that it could possibly be a customer of his. And so he picked up the call.

Caller: Is this Mr.So and So?
He: Yeah, this is very much he.
Caller: Am calling from XYZ bank.,
He: (As if he was waiting for this opportunity) Would you mind not calling me at such odd hours ? I am already on the verge of losing my patience.
Caller: But sir…
He: I absolutely have no need for credit cards, personal loans or any other shit you have to offer. So quit calling me again.
Caller: Am sorry sir. Your friend Jaikumar has given your name as reference for his personal loan application. So, this is just a formal enquiry.
He: Is it ? Geez Am so sorry. How can I help you?

And so the call finally ended.

At 2352 hrs, he is still wide-awake sincerely hoping that his friend gets the loan.

10 comments:

  1. Hahaha...nalla vela u dint end the call before getting to know wat it was

    ReplyDelete
  2. somu, avalavu kadupa... atleast the caller managed to pass the info to u before you put the phone off...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Liked the title of this post.... good one...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol i always check whose the caller and why first before deciding to scold or not scold - reason it might just be a friend of my dads ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Vikki
    I just hope the same too ;o)

    @Shiv
    The first thing i ask these people is, "What is my name?"... If they don't know i just hang up on them... This time around, he did know my name... and so i thought i wud jus give a piece of my mind :o)

    @Naikutti
    Parakaduppu... Just imagine getting atleast 4-5 calls everyday... only sometime in the morning i got a call where the guy went on to ask me about my annual income, take home and other confidential stuffs... Over a period of time u tend to get really pissed off.

    @DV
    It was inspired by an old joke... A guy goes and tells his more irritating friend, "Lets play the building and loan game"... the other guy says, "Yeah sounds cool, how do we play"... "You get out of the building and leave me alone" was the response :o)))

    @Visithra
    I never get calls from any other friends than mine... If i don''t have the number stored in my mobile, I always pick up with a "Somu here" coz it could be a customer. It just takes a minute to realize what the other person wants... and so react accordingly. But yesterday I was caught unawares.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i just remebr once my bro friend fooled my like this and i scolded him to hell ...until he confessed to me the truth..and i wouldnt beleive...Gaud it was fun..
    he was almost at my feet...

    ReplyDelete
  7. haha... used to get such calls a lot...
    And used to get calls from Airtel and Hutch also very often.... Used to get so irritated...

    Btw did ur friend get the loan???

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Limsa
    Un resume pathi enna yaaru koopida pora ? Have u given my name for reference ? lol !

    But don't ya worry, my treatment of a call when I hear a lady's voice on the other end is totally different. I am never rude in such cases ;o)))

    @Sophie
    Lol ! I hope ur friend finally understood the consequence of trying to fool around..

    @Art
    I guess so. I spoke to him yeterday and it was still in its processing stage. Am sure my response to the call wud have no impact :o)))

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are much better than the automated electronic voice telling you about Hello Tunes or some other new crap by the service provider!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my post. Do leave me a comment if you liked the post.