Blogging vs writing an exam

When I had to take an exam yesterday where I had to answer questions that were purely theoretical for 2 long hours, I felt a little weird. Having finished my paper much before the stipulated 2 hours, I spent the rest of the time in the hall wondering how different an experience writing is when it comes to blogging and taking an exam.

Here (read it as blogging) it’s a mere 15-minute affair. I sit down, decide what to write, and then write. There (Read it as an examination), it’s an over night affair. I first decide what to read and what not to, and then sit down to write.

Here I write what I want to write. There I write what I am required to write.

Here, I have a self-imposed word restriction. There, I always believe the marks are proportional to the length of the answer.

Here, originality is a principle for me. I never plagiarize. There, copying is an accepted act, though getting caught is never recommended.

Here, writing is more of a natural process. There, I need to attend classes for the same.

Here, when am stuck I call it the writer’s block. There, I call it out of syllabus or lack of preparation.


There are more such differences, but thought they were not significant enough. Can you think of anything more? :o)

9 comments:

  1. bloggin vs writin an exam...how could u compare them....???
    i always after writing the exam had a fear of getting low marks
    and always cried after the exams
    always my friends consoled me
    and always i got first mark in class
    and always my friends came back and hit me...

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, good comparison :-)...

    another one:
    after exams u eargerly wait for the holidays/break but after blogging none!

    ReplyDelete
  3. reminds me of the s.v.sekars play where he would differentiate cinema and agriculture

    "inga kadhai-ya select panraanga,
    anga vedhai-ya select panraanga,
    inga area-ku alayaraanga
    anga urea-ku alayaraanga"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here, people read what I write, and comment.

    there, ppl hardly read what I write, yet evaluate :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. one you crave for comments - the other you hope there are none ;)

    ps : i already know about that bloggers meet ;p hehehe told ya news travels fast ;p

    ReplyDelete
  6. similarity solren naan :

    in both places the writer is concerned about the responses...

    in both places, eluthum pothu paathila enna elutharathunnu theriyama stuck aagum..appuram aarambicathu aarambichitom nu we wud continue writing

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Sophie
    Well I know it cannot be compared... Still...
    So, you are the padips type eh ? Always feigning poor performance and finally ending up making it big.


    @Smyta
    I remember being part of a six sigma initiative at work... And when I was giving a presentation to the mgmt, I couldn't answer when they asked at what sigma level we were in... and after that I slowly moved out of that initiative... he he ! Hope u did ur exam well... or was it a certification ?

    Cheers,
    Somu K

    @Naikutti
    Ha ha ! But I think lot of people take a blog break when they reach a point of saturation ;o)))

    @Balaji
    Well

    Inga ticketa blackla vikkuraanga,
    Anga arisiya sackla vikkuraanga.

    Ithu yeppadi irkku ?

    @harish
    Ha ha ! Super ! Moreover, here, there is no scope for reevaluation... Once posted, always posted, or just deleted !

    @Visithra
    I do crave for marks there... and invariably there are none ;o)
    I know who spilt the bean... Hmph ! Anyways, its now on my blog too :o)

    @Subra
    Kalakura machi nee !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hahahaaha... exam ezhundhama.. idhellam yosikareengala? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Here its like CD -RW... u have access to both...
    There its just CD-R once written is done...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my post. Do leave me a comment if you liked the post.