Sleepless awakening

Amid thousand faces, I keep searching hers,
my eyes assiduously indulging in the hunt,
deftly shifting their gaze when they find her face.
Concentration dwindles, with work piling up,
nothing seems more significant,than a little chat with her.
All through the day, she invokes a pleasant thought,
and am dancing in a far away wonderland,
with all my worries and troubles shed.

I keep staring at my mobile, waiting to hear from her,
and at the least expected moment,
my mobile sings the special tone I saved exclusively for her.
The prolonged wait proves worthy.
My sleep has become a dream, missing from my life lately,
still no nightly moment passes without she occupying my mind.

I find these actions of mine inexplicable.

She is like the rainbow, colorful and beautiful,
adorning the entire expanse of the sky,
bringing in joy and happiness to everyone around.
How I wish I were the sky, I have no means to convey !

A dreadful sense of melancholy is evoked in me,
I go through a volley of emotions,
I suddenly see myself reliving my past,
the one I had consciously managed to put behind me.

I call up my pal, to keep myself occupied,
but the feelings return at the end of the banter.
My mind is misplaced in thoughts, she being the subject matter.
The night turns gruelling with every stretched second,
time makes unhurried progress extending my anguish.
I wait eternally for the torment to end.

At a snail's pace, the sun finally rises.
It dawns. And it dawns on me too.
I suddenly find the reason behind my actions.
The punishing emotions I suffered seem sensible.
I realize I AM IN LOVE,
for the second time in my life.
And I wish with all earnestness, there is no third time.

11 comments:

  1. hey soms......have u put this anywhere else? or fwd to anybody? i remember reading this...... i dont remember correctly..but some feeling that i have read / came across this..esp the first para....somewhere some write up also the first para was similar to urs and reminded me of the song "Or aayiram paarvaiyile..un paarvaiyai naan ariven"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Somu, oru padam paakara effect varudhu...update us more :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Subra
    It was up in my Sify blogs for hardly half a day after which I decided to take it off...
    Since I claim complete ownership to the lines you just read, any such lines read elsewhere is purely a coincidence :o)))))

    I normally give credits if my poems are copy "writed"... Else i work more towards copyrighting them :o))

    @JB
    Paarunga paarunga !!! Namma hero ippo thaan lovenu kandupudichu irrukaan !!!

    @Soap
    Am glad the last line left a lasting impression. Thanks :o)

    @Visithra
    awww thank you so much :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Ganga
    Thanks a lot :o)

    @Limsa
    Savour the charm. Relish Love.
    Hmmmm

    cheers,
    Somu K

    ReplyDelete
  5. @rsubra
    yaara paathu copy gipy nu solreenga... vettu kuthu ayidum, sollitten..

    @somu
    neenga ezhudhunga somu.. enga full support ungaluku undu.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hmmm... nice feelings Somu....
    Love surely makes people go crazy...

    Waiting for the next chapter!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Madhu
    Danks ! Neegalaam support pannaleyna yepaadi yezhuthurathu

    @Art
    THanks... It sure does make ppl go crazy

    @Kalai
    Thanks :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. hey awesome post man...
    a passionate read....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Somu, I wish, reckon and am pretty sure life ahead's gonna bring you all things to honour the person you are.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my post. Do leave me a comment if you liked the post.