Meet Treat

Another meet and another opportunity to be with the blogging fraternity. So, would I wanna miss out on that ? While I would have loved to walk across and meet up with everyone, I did manage to interact with most who had turned up. The meet by itself cannot be as interesting as everyone makes it sound if not for the interesting people who convene. And here’s a snippet of those interesting lot that I managed to meet (in no particular order).

Jaggy : His posts literally swear at his service provider. Knowing that am from the same organization, he was surprisingly nice to me.

Prabhu Karthik : When an elderly gentleman while leaving, told him, best wishes, god bless you, good luck… et al… he was kind enough to say, “Same to you” :o)

Swaminathan : A technical writer by profession… and I hope his blog is not an extension of his profession. He is back into blogging after the meet.

Jaideep : “My blog is about e-learning, not too many people read it, I write it for keeping track of technologies, you might not find it interesting” – He said them all in one go :o)

Muthu : We have met once in a training program way back in I don’t really remember. Was surprised that he could still place me. Good ‘ol ex-colleagues always have lots in common to talk about.

Satya Prabhakar : We had this small discussion on whether the top management can really find time for it’s employees. I was for it, and he had his views against it. Coming from someone up there, I had to buy his argument.

Sophie : Was in her usual chirpy self. Was more than willing every time I shamelessly asked her to take a picture of mine.

Kiruba : I was reminded of cricket matches, a word a day mails, and a truck load of enthusiasm when I saw him. He has promised to organize a cricket match between Sulekha and Sify ;o))) Please don't tell him that I have not paid for the coffee I had on Sunday.

Akshay : A harrypotter fan (who isn't, right?), a quiz freak, CAT aspirant, my junior in college, my colleague quite obviously at work and most important of them all, my dum pal.

Ravi : I have promised him a car two years from now… And he has promised me something that’s much more filling. He was one of the other good souls who called up just a while back showing deep concerns over my having gone down.

Balaji : Nanganallur party. Poor chap. Every time he said he was from Wipro, someone or the other asked him do you know her or him. Considering the company he had, I forgot to figure out if he reached home safe.

Viji : It might interest you to know that she effectively uses the “Thiruttu” 10 minute internet access that she gets at work to cook up wonderful poems. Very well-versed in Chennai Baashai. And the reason why her stay in chennai is getting extended was a major point of discussion.

Jammy : When I said I always envied his wife’s function that enabled her to interact with celebrities, he was quick to retort, “That’s how she bumped into me”. And I realized he does not work hard at humor.

Sheky : He is always in his reticent self when with people from the corporate world (read it as old men) like me, or that’s what he claims. Speak a lot with him and you would realize how sweet and interesting a chap he is. Always obsessed with my skills at puffing.

Sunil : Another colleague of mine. Had a real tough time trying to get his daughter’s attention. She did not even tell me her name. Girl’s ain’t my cup of tea, neither am I theirs. She would be around 5 years old by the way.

Vishnu : Kanni Samy. Hope he finds his first ever trip to Shabarimalai a good experience.

Jaleel : Joined us in the conversation a little late and was quick to leave for the day. The next time around we need to spend a lil while talking :o)

Ramesh : I remembered him from good ‘ol maverick days… And am seeing him after a long time. While I could place him with ease, he did the same with me too :o))

Hari : Again, did not get much time to interact with him. This is the second time I am meeting him and am sure there would be a third time to catch up with stuffs.

And the most important guy I was randomly chosen to meet was from Indian Express. Am sure he would have been taken aback by my major peters of India. He has his say on what I had to say here.

If I did leave out anyone that’s purely out of senility and is not in anyway done intentionally.

17 comments:

  1. evlo appropirate a sonnen?,
    no appreciation? unfair world:(

    Anyway nice meeting u buddy
    Yr beard reminded me of a kamal character in MMKR

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like u had a good time... keep it going :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aandavan punniyathula safe-a veedu vandhu serndhutten.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!!! looks like u had a wonderful time... We will meet some day..
    And i totally agree with Smy.. no disclaimers like these.. So come on tell us who is it??

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Somu... I didnt like to mix and mess up things... thats y didnt speak much abt my Service Provider.... Lately it has occupied too much of space in my blog... im cautiously avoiding that now...

    Neways, u wudn't have felt so ("he was surprisingly nice to me"), had i kept on cribbing abt ur organisation...

    Hmmm... thnx a lot for mentioning me... Wat a detailed account of the event...

    ReplyDelete
  6. minutes of meeting maathiri irukku :)

    i think this is healthy trend happening these days, bloggers meet....

    soms as always, from his school days, is popular wherever he is and whatever he does :) great going dude....

    smy and arts : heartened ku antonym disheartened maathiri, claim ku antonym than disclaimer, so whatever it says, the reverse is true nu eduthukkanum......

    ReplyDelete
  7. Somu,
    MoM approved!!!!! lol.....

    Cheers!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. hey somu,

    whats with all the romantic poems? are you the next "luv machine" at sify? ;)

    nice to run into ye at the meet. dont worry abt the coffee, it was was partly on me.

    cheers

    ReplyDelete
  9. ennapa mouna(handcuffed) veradama! ;)

    Cheers!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow such a huge gang! no wonder u guys had a wonderful time... and i cant help but wonder how come not a single meet is scheduled when i am porukkifying in chennai:( sigh!:(

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Limsa
    Wow ! That would be wonderful... Am sure it would be wonderful to have you join us. Yeppo ? Yeppo ?
    Thanks for your comment on my previous poem. Even if you do an investigation you wouldn't be able to get hold of any source to leak out information... Coz no such source exists, coz no such reallife inspiration (for the poem) exists.

    Why you be James Bond. Me will definitely tell you when there is such a story :o)
    And yeah I care about you caring about the disclaimer. So, you better care :o)

    Cheers,
    Somu K

    @Prabhu
    Aiyo thalaiva... Naa onnumey thappa sollaliyey ! Whatever happened, I just mentioned... Never got any judgemental about it :o)))) Beard ? Kamalhaasan ? Me flying !

    @karthik
    We definitely had a wonderful time... and hoping it is kept on going :o)

    @Balaji
    Am happy for you :o)))

    @Art
    Yes we did ! And yeah we are definitely going to meet some day :o)
    What ? Folks are joining hands conspiring against me eh ? If there is a "SHE" that I write poems for, is it not natural that it would be only for her eyes to read ? So, now, you can guess who the she is :o)

    @Jaggy
    Am sure you did not want to do it... Considering the posts were one strong reason why I wanted to meet you, I thought it was worth a mention... And considering we had such good time after the meet, I cudn't help but mention you... You are always welcome buddy.

    @Subra
    Super maapillai. Enna da yaarumey sollalaiyeynu paathein :o) Having lot of meeting at work eh ? It shows in your comment :o)
    Ippo smytakum Arathikum what are you trying to say ? Yenakku onnum puriyala anyways :o)

    @Vishnu
    Thanks... Always reassuring to have someone approve of things. And I was held up in meetings all day, and hence the delay in response.

    @Muthu
    Nothing with all the romantic poems... Just serves as a good filler (I have whole lot of them in my collection) on days when I have nothing to post. What do you mean the "next" luv machine ? Who else is/was there ? Am I missing something here.

    Thanks for the coffee ;o)

    @Viji
    >>u are a lot taller than what u look :)
    It statred off with me being an unleashed tiger... And then during the course of the day it changed to a kaanja karuvaadu... And now, am a kulla kathirika ? Yeepadi iruntha naan, ippadi aaitein :o)))

    Jokes apart, thanks for your kind words... and it was a pleasure meeting up.

    @Nithya
    Aaha... Intha porukking vishayam theriyaama pochey ! so, chennaila enna collector velaiya ? :o)
    The best way to handle the situation is to arrange for a meet when you are down here... What say ? When are you coming down next ?

    @Ganga
    Yes it was really a nice experience :o)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice post and nice to recall time spent, Jaggy, Muthu, and all others

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ugh! As I bloghop, I only realise what i missed that day. Cha,I should hv come! Aana, not a soul in my age group....

    ReplyDelete
  14. Somu,
    Car(e) or not, you'll get the 'filling'. Next week thereabouts, if its ok with you?
    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. @Sunil
    Thanks and it sure is always nice to recall good times :o)

    @Kris
    Yes we did :o)

    @Ramya
    The best part about these meets are the varied group of people who turn up... There are no barriers in terms of age or anything else for that matter... The eldest amongst the lot was a 75 year old blogger. Had he felt the way you did, he might have not turned up... Next time around, just walk in... This is my second time and trust me its so much fun :o)

    @Ravi
    Am all game...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Muthu,
    Glad I aint missing much... It doesnt feel good to not be part of office gossip u see :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my post. Do leave me a comment if you liked the post.